In June of 2014, more than 50,000 people packed Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, home of the Pittsburgh Steelers, to see Country Star Luke Bryant in Concert. Many lauded the event as the kick-off to Summer of 2014 and it seems a good time was had by all attendees.
However, Pittsburgh Police stayed busy before, during and after the concert issuing 37 non-traffic citations for scalping, disorderly conduct and public intoxication. In addition, seven arrests were made for disturbances ranging from physical fights to mere shouting matches.
However, most disturbing to Pittsburgh officials was the aftermath of the concert: Trash in the Parking Lot from thousands of pre-concert tailgaters. With Country star Jason Aldean poised to take the stage at PNC Park, Home of the Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Officials are planning ahead to prevent a repeat cleanup from the Luke Bryan Concert.
Here are some rules to keep in mind if you plan on attending the concert this weekend:
1. Parking Lots will open at 2pm not 11am – No waiting/street lining will be allowed. City Ordinances will be enforced in neighboring towns
2. All Vehicles in designated lots will be given trash and recycling bags
3. More than 200 Port-o-Johns will be available
4. No tailgating will be allowed once the first act takes the stage
5. Anyone without a ticket to the show will be asked to vacated the parking lots
6. Outbound Lanes of Liberty Tunnel will be closed through Monday
7. Inbound lanes of Liberty Tunnel will be closed from 8pm to 6am through August 8th.
8. Single Lane overnight Closures for inbound & outbound lanes of Squirrel Hill Tunnel from 10pm to 10am Friday and Saturday Night.
Best Advice for the Concert: Enjoy yourself responsibly, designate a safe driver and be mindful of all lane and road closures before you head into town.
Attorney Frank Walker of Frank Walker Law is a National Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyer and Personal Injury Attorney with offices in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and Morgantown West Virginia.
If you or someone you love are facing criminal charges or seriously injured in an accident, contact Attorney Frank Walker immediately at 412-315-7441, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for aggressive and experienced Criminal Defense or Representation in a Civil Case.
You must be logged in to post a comment.